Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Alex Caine: Angel Dust - Update



Alex Caine has just released his third book in his biker trilogy called Angel Dust: How the Outlaw Biker Gang Became a Criminal Empire. I wrote a chapter for him about the Vancouver Gang War but I don't know yet if it made the final cut. I understand that he mentions Margo Compton and another case about a little girl named Dallas Grondalski in it. Julian Sher also wrote about her in his book Angels of Death so no one can say he's making that up. This picture of him with Sonny Barger isn't photoshop either.



Dallas was the five year old daughter of Billy Grondalski who was a member of the Vallejo chapter of the Hells Angels. Gerald “Butch” Lester was president of that chapter and Charles Diaz was the Sergeant at Arms. The two murdered Billy and his entire family after they kicked him out of the club. Charles Diaz cut Dallas’s throat and Butch shot her. Then they burned down the house with all the bodies in it. That's part of the court record.

Update: OK I picked up a copy of the book at Chapters and it looks pretty good. The chapter I sent in on the Vancouver Gang War didn't make the final editing so here it in in pdf format. It needs to be updated since I sent it to him back when the blog only had 6 million hits. This month we just broke 12 million. There have been a few more convictions since then.

He does devote nine pages to my blog starting at page 230. It's a pretty good summery of what we've done and even concludes with a pretty good description of my basic philosophical beliefs citing Martin Luther King and Allan Watts. It brings me to the conclusion that I'm going to have to put together a book of my own expanding on what's been said and tying everything together. I want to talk about criminal organizations and civil liberty. The importance of confronting the one to preserve and protect the other.

The interesting thing about this book is that he has a chapter on the Vancouver Hells Angels involvement with the stock market.

Update: Interview on CTV - The Hells Angels are a “clear and present danger to our social fabric."

10 comments:

  1. Just for the record, I've never said he made anything up about what he's done or not done as an informant, only that his account of his supposed US military service and deployment to Vietnam is a complete and utter fabrication. Come on, he kept mixing up references to the Army and the Marine Corps, among a litany of other mistakes it was quite frankly one of the worst poser stories I've ever heard. And I'm not the only one, numerous Vets who've read that section have commented exactly as I have on various reviews of his books, different boards, his Facebook page, etc..

    The problem is, liars don't usually lie about just one thing, for such folks it tends to be a habit. As much as I dislike outlaw bikers who make a living off human misery, I'd like to see them honestly convicted at trial, or just taken out and disposed of, not convicted on perjured testimony and falsified evidence. Again, I have no reason to know he ever did this, but as I said, for people who make up stories, it tends to be a habit.

    I hope your chapter made the final editing cut. If it didn't, it was probably because it was the best part of the book.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wasn't referring to anything you said about him. Others expressed similar concerns but alternatively they recommended a book by Sony Barger instead which made it obvious they were trashing him because they were patch lickers.

      Delete
    2. Ah, gotcha. "Patch-Licker", good one LOL....

      Delete
  2. It is interesting this book is not listed on Amazon.com (they usually have more previews of books than Amazon.ca or Amazon.co,uk).

    Glancing at the preview of his 'Charlie' book I noted quite a few things wrong with club history he points out while trying to state how others' had made mistakes.

    I am sure it will be an interesting book, but I also hope there is more attention to verification of facts and claims made.

    I find it very surprising there is so much documentation about the HA being a criminal organization, yet so little done by officials to actually do anything about them...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't seen the book yet but will be able to say more once I get a copy. You're absolutely right about officials doing little about the HAs despite the increased evidence of criminal activity. Christy Clark's cutting the OMGU is a crime all in itself.

      Delete
    2. I have a copy of the book now so if you name specific concerns with inaccuracies I can check them out. Cheers.

      Delete
  3. https://ca.news.yahoo.com/canadian-drug-kingpin-top-york-marijuana-supplier-dubbed-044635659.html
    Thought you may be interested in this news article!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Someone mentioned that case but it's hard to keep up.

      Delete
  4. Dr. Smythe, your last question has been some what answered in the relationship of the lack of Judicial Justice to this type of crime and the lack of full Law Enforcement Action in Prevention!
    We all talk about what is obvious, but do little in direct public preventative action.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How many times is this guy gonna write the same book?

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated so there will be a delay before they appear on the blog.