Saturday, September 2, 2017

Garibaldi Lake



I hiked up to Garibaldi Lake today hoping to camp overnight but the campsites were all full and they don't allow back country camping. Other places do but they have a ranger station on site checking everyone. This is the same trail that takes you up Black Tusk but I didn't make it that far.



The ride home was a bit of a zen moment for me. The setting sun turned the horizon orange behind the islands in the water along the coast. It reminded me of watching the sun set behind Bowen Island from Whitecliff when I was a kid. I felt at total peace. About everything.



It was nice seeing tents and sleeping bags tied to the back of motorcycles heading out on the freeway for the long weekend. Now that's living the dream. Pimping crack hoes isn't living the dream it's pimping the dream. It's selling the dream out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated so there will be a delay before they appear on the blog.